Looking for a bike that soars as well as it sprints? Look no further than the Epic EVO Expert.
Wheels up or head down, the Epic EVO Expert's masterful blending of inspired handling, capable geometry, and laser-focused pedaling efficiency make sure no rider ever has to make the decision between fast and fun. While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying "Whoa!" as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency. With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever, thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
- SRAM's high-flying X01 Eagle group handles shifting duties, while RockShox's SID Select+ is firmly in charge of takeoffs and landings with its capable Charger 2 RL damper.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25-millimeter internal-width hookless rim, and maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO's FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to steepen the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while raising the bottom bracket height by six millimeters.
- Suspension up front comes courtesy of RockShox's SID Select+ 120-millimeter fork, featuring their Charger 2 RL Damper with two-position compression adjustment for impressive pedaling efficiency while the DebonAir spring offers easy tuning and consistent feel throughout the entire range of travel.
- X-Fusion's Manic dropper post offers infinitely adjustable travel via its slick shifter-style remote lever for hassle-free operation when things get dicey.
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||Rockshox SID Select+, Charger 2 RL Damper, Debon Air, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SID LUXE Select+, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, Zero bead hook, Tubeless ready, 28h|
Front: DT Swiss 350, Torque caps, 6-bolt, 28h
Rear: DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, SRAM XD driver body, 28h
|Spokes||DT Swiss Competition Race|
Front: Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
Rear: Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
|Crankset||SRAM X1 Eagle, DUB, XS: 165mm, SM: 170mm, M – XL: 175mm|
|Chainrings||SRAM Eagle Alloy 32T Direct mount|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50T|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|Seat Post||X-Fusion Manic, infinitely adjustable, two-bolt head, bottom mount cable routing, remote SRL LE lever, XS – SM: 100mm travel, M: 125mm travel, L – XL: 150mm travel|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Redwood/Smoke / Medium||888818618590||94820-3003||94820-3003|